Do you want to develop your financial career to a future CFO position of an operating company in a multinational firm within a number of years? Then this program is the right choice for you.
The International Executive MBA in Finance and Control is the first MBA program specifically dedicated to preparing future CFO’s. You will be part of an internationally diverse group of participants from multinational corporations providing an inspiring community with the potential for a ‘deep dive’ in several areas relevant for future CFOs. You will join case studies from leading international companies at their premises (e.g. Shell). So in addition to the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences in class, you also get to be part of a lifelong extensive business network.
Why choose this part-time Executive MBA Program?
The Executive MBA program in Finance & Control will help you to:
- Develop strategic skills in the context of financial leadership;
- Facilitate the transition from an information provider to strategic business partner;
- Learn new methodologies, techniques, and skills in finance, strategy, and leadership;
- Gain a greater understanding of current trends in strategic financial management;
- Improve negotiation, conflict management, and communication skills;
- Develop and implement a long-term vision and strategy frameworks;
- Assess and enhance your personal leadership style;
- Drive innovation and lead to cultural change.
Why choose this MBA Programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam?
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university and is ranked among the best universities in the world. With a longstanding tradition of executive education, VU’s School of Business & Economics is in the Academic Ranking of World Universities Top75 Business Schools in the fields of business administration and management.
VU Amsterdam is located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's high-profiled international business district and center of research and education. From the university, it is a short train ride to Schiphol Airport as well as Amsterdam’s historic city center.
The program is designed to boost your career in finance. While many finance functions have become rather specialized, this program focuses on the broad knowledge and skills you need to prepare for a future role as CFO.
It integrates general management capabilities with the specific requirements of the business partner role of senior finance professionals. Current themes such as data analytics, business intelligence, and driving innovation are an important part of the curriculum.
The program is designed to thoroughly prepare already highly educated and experienced professionals for a future role as a CFO.
Leading European Universities
The modules for the International Executive MBA in Finance and Control are taught by world-class professors at leading European universities. In addition to their academic qualifications, our professors are excellent teachers and have significant business experience in a range of organizations. They use a variety of teaching methods, including international case studies, simulations, group projects, and lectures.
A typical participant is a mid-career professional with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and managerial experience. The program targets particularly talented professionals from different (for example, technical, marketing, sales, supply chain, finance) backgrounds aiming for a financial management career. Candidates who complete the program receive an Executive MBA degree in Finance and Control.
Participants must meet the following background criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years of relevant postgraduate work experience in financial management or specialist positions;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Recommendation from your employer;
- Personal meeting;
- 4 short essays including career objectives, past experience, ethical dilemma, and why the participant choose this program.
About the School
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 175 English taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to over ... Read More