The Wuhan University Economics and Management School’s International MBA is a 2-2.5-year, full-time MBA program taught in English designed for high potential professionals who aspire to become international business leaders.
This program provides a holistic general management education with a global perspective and Chinese feature. A comprehensive curriculum covering core business practices ensures the students enhance their abilities as managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs; whilst special courses taught by China and abroad famous specialist provide an in-depth understanding of Chinese exceptional economy, leading managerial knowledge and cross-culture problem.Besides, as a student in a major research university in China, the opportunities for customizing your MBA are almost endless.
Economics and Management School of Wuhan University
Honored as the forefather of Chinese business education, the Economics and Management School of Wuhan University (EMS) has a long history. It dates back to 1893 in the Qing Dynasty, when Zhang Zhidong, the governor of Hubei and Hunan provinces, founded the Ziqiang (Self-Reliance) Institute. In 2001, the Wuhan University established its first Business School through the merger of 5 different schools from 3 universities.
In August 2005, the Business School was renamed as the Economics and Management School (EMS) and was relocated to a purpose-built office building. It offers 30,000m² of offices and teaching facilities which have been fully equipped with state-of-art teaching and research facilities together with an extensive library dedicated to economics and management and a nation-wide show-case research lab centre.
The EMS International MBA Program was launched in 2010 that its beginning was Experimental English MBA program: In September 2010, the new MBA students with good English were selected on a voluntary base to form an experimental class in which all the teaching and academic activities were to be done in English. Teachers were selected and invited from all around the world. The aim is that this will further increase the internationalization of our MBA education programme and attract more overseas students to the EMS MBA Programme. From 2011, this program goes further as the International MBA Program and begins to recruit the international students from all over the world.
Those who teach International MBA Program courses have rich backgrounds in consulting and business practices. The school also invites management practitioners with rich experience to teach IMBA Program courses, which give opportunities to the students to interact directly with the most successful entrepreneurs and business people. Some of our teachers include:
Professor Richard Lynch
- Middlesex University Business School, UK
- Research Areas: Innovation, Global strategy, Strategy Management
- Course taught: Strategy Management
Professor John M Sharp
- Salford Business School, UK
- Research Areas: Operations and Quality Management, Organisational Excellence, Agility and Change Management
- Course Taught: Operation Management
Professor Aidan Kelly
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Ireland
- Research Areas: Evolving career structures in hi-tech and service organizations, and cross-cultural management issues
- Course Taught: Organization Behavior
Professor Thomas D.Lairson
- Rollins College, USA
- Research Areas: The Political Economy of a Knowledge-Intensive World, Chinese Business and Economic Development, Sustainable Development in Vietnam and Singapore, Asian Business Environment
- Course Taught: International Business and Management
In order to realise the education objective of MBA programmes and to attain the standards of obtaining the degree, we strictly control our admission processes and standards.
Based on our statistics, from the age and work experience of our admission MBA students, the average age of our students is about 31.5 years old and the average work experience is about 8.9 years. More than 80% of them have a bachelor degree or above.
From the nature of the enterprise, MBA students mainly work in state-owned or shareholding enterprises, and most of these companies are in such industry sectors as finance, information technology, construction industry, real estate, energy & chemicals and non-government organisations (NGOs), etc.
Application Requirements for Overseas Applicants
As one of the top universities in China, if you think you have what it takes to join us, send us your application. Before applying please ensure that you meet the following requirements.
- You are a Non-Chinese citizenship
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree
- You have at least three years of work experience
- Your GMAT score is minimum 550
All the application materials should be delivered by express mail or e-mail to the MBA International Development Office before July every year.
- Application Form (contact the University)
- Self-recommendation Essay
- Highest Degree Certificate (photocopy)
- Academic Records (Transcripts photocopy)
- Efficiency GMAT Score
- TOFEL/IELTS Score or other English proficiency proof
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Passport (photocopy)
- Receipt of Application Fee
1. English requirement:
- TOEFL or
- IELTS or
- Bachelor of English Language or
- Bachelor of English Speaking Country or
2. GMAT requirement:
- min 550 score
For those applicants who are working or studying outside of mainland China, we may permit interviews through other arrangements such as video conference or telephone. Each interview is approximately 20-30 minutes per applicant.
This school offers programs in: