Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
Career springboard MBA
As a Big Data Manager, your goal is to generate maximum strategic value from data. You coordinate projects and work at the interface between head management, data engineering, and data analysis.
You have familiarity with the principles of information management, understand artificial intelligence techniques, and have a grasp of new technologies and their benefits to the business environment. And at the same time, you are aware of the needs of your business and can reconcile the use of data with corporate strategy.
Last but not least, you use your know-how to critically scrutinise current trends in big data, to differentiate pure hype from feasible solutions, and to make appropriate recommendations to management.
Have you already gained some work experience after completing your first degree and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field and your general management skills to reach the next level in your career? Then our MBA with a major in Big Data Management is the right choice for you
Facts & Figures
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||on Campus, Blended, Online||3 semesters|
|Bad Honnef, Berlin||*from 1.177 Euro; full-time price on campus
(online is 2.000 euro less per semester with scholarships available)
|Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills|
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn how to prepare data, how to connect data from different sources, and how to analyze these relationships.
- You will learn methods of data analysis in artificial intelligence.
- You will evaluate the application of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers, as well as the ethical, social, and data protection issues within big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise, and work on your analytical skills.
Course of study at a glance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Elective courses (choose 4 out of 5)
- Big Data and the Business Environment
- Data Science
- Data Science
- Application Scenarios and Case Studies
- Analytical Software and Frameworks
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Information Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Capstone Project
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme Big Data Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your MBA degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef, Berlin, and online.
Large companies and high-growth companies invest heavily in building data management systems and structures. There are many opportunities here for qualified specialists. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
Big Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist, you work at the interface between computer science, mathematics, management, and statistics after your studies. Your goal is to use your company’s collected data as profitably as possible. You are not only responsible for analyzing the data but also placing it into a business context.
Big Data Engineer
The duties of a Data Engineer are very diverse. In general terms, they take care of all processes related to the generation, storage, maintenance, processing, enrichment, and transfer of data. An important aspect here is the setup and monitoring of the hardware and software infrastructure - starting with the conception, purchase, and installation of all necessary components up to decisions about what software and services are used.
As a BI (Business Intelligence) consultant, you prepare, transform, and make data analyzable. This enables you to identify trends, analyze customer behaviour, and provide solid foundations for your company’s future decisions. You act as a link between IT and the respective departments.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognized university/higher education institution (180 ECTS for 1,5 years MBA and 210 ECTS for 1 year MBA).
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in the US and Canada).
- At least one-year work experience before the start of the IUBH Online Master program (achieved after previous studies).
- Plus: At least two years of work experience when you want to graduate.
- Proof of English skills.
- If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Have you chosen a degree programme? Apply now! We will take you through the admission process step-by-step, and look forward to getting to know you better.
EU & EEA applicants
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct Admission Interview
- Receive a letter of admission & tuition contract
- Send back signed tuition contract
- Start your studies at IUBH
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct the admission interview
- Receive the offer letter
- Make a deposit and open blocked account
- Receive the letter of admission & tuition contract
- Receive your visa and start your studies
After you submit your online application, we will check if you fulfil the entry requirements and will contact you within two weeks. Please be sure to send with your application all of the documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Copy
- Academic Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge A or P)
- Proof of work experience (if any)
Hospitality Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Legrand from IUBH on Vimeo.
About the School
IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the future needs of interna ... Read More