Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
Career springboard MBA
Have you already gained work experience after completing your first degree and now want to build your management skills to reach the next level in your career? In our MBA with a major in Finance & Accounting, we provide you with comprehensive specialist knowledge as well as relevant business management know-how.
You develop skills in preparing and executing financial policy decisions, learn how to handle financing options on international capital markets as well as accounting in accordance with international standards, and acquire in-depth investment-analysis and portfolio-management expertise so you can optimise your company’s financial performance.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||on Campus, Blended, Online||3 semesters|
|Bad Honnef, Berlin||*from 1.177 Euro; full-time price on campus
(online is 2.000 euro less per semester with scholarships available)
|Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills|
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You develop expertise with regard to the preparation and execution of fiscal decisions in international capital markets.
- You learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and how to meet international standards.
- You acquire in-depth expertise in investment analysis and portfolio management to optimise the financial performance of companies.
Course of study at a glance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Elective courses (choose 4 out of 5)
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Advanced Management Accounting & Control
- Current Issues in Finance
- Current Issues in Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Operations and Information Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Capstone Project
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme Finance & Accounting, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your MBA degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
An MBA degree in Finance & Accounting makes you a sought-after expert in an industry with a future. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
There are always certain risks associated with major business decisions. Your job as a Risk Manager is analyzing these risks. For example, if you work in a bank, you need to assess credit risks before making a loan decision. For mergers and acquisitions, you must examine whether they will result in the desired outcomes. And if a company wants to bring a new product to the market, a detailed analysis of the competition and financial risks is extremely important. Regardless of the specific business field, your goal is always to identify and evaluate potential risks and to develop scenarios to avoid them so you can avert future damage to the company.
Controllers are responsible for measuring the profitability of the entire company using KPI systems. On the basis of such measurements, they must identify risks, weaknesses, and potential for improvement in the company, but also identify opportunities to develop and evaluate solution concepts, often together with specialist departments. Controllers are also in high demand for implementation: They record and evaluate implementation progress and success centrally and proposes adaptation measures as necessary.
As a Compliance Officer, you have a controlling and supervisory function within a company. You are responsible for developing an organisational structure in which employees can comply with legal regulations. You introduce control mechanisms through which violations of these regulations can be detected. And you inform employees about legal requirements and provide training in this area.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognized university/higher education institution (180 ECTS for 1,5 years MBA and 210 ECTS for 1 year MBA).
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in the US and Canada).
- At least one-year work experience before the start of the IUBH Online Master program (achieved after previous studies).
- Plus: At least two years of work experience when you want to graduate.
- Proof of English skills.
- If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Have you chosen a degree programme? Apply now! We will take you through the admission process step-by-step, and look forward to getting to know you better.
EU & EEA applicants
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct Admission Interview
- Receive a letter of admission & tuition contract
- Send back signed tuition contract
- Start your studies at IUBH
- Upload your application at www.iubh.de/onb
- Conduct the admission interview
- Receive the offer letter
- Make a deposit and open blocked account
- Receive the letter of admission & tuition contract
- Receive your visa and start your studies
After you submit your online application, we will check if you fulfil the entry requirements and will contact you within two weeks. Please be sure to send with your application all of the documents listed below:
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Copy
- Academic Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge A or P)
- Proof of work experience (if any)
Hospitality Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Legrand from IUBH on Vimeo.
About the School
IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the future needs of interna ... Read More