Healthcare sector in India is witnessing massive growth with large investments by both private and government entities. Apart from the hospitals, there is a large eco-system of industries within the healthcare sector that includes insurance, labs, pharma, retail etc. This has increased the demand for good quality and well-trained healthcare managers. Further, India is also becoming an international centre for medical tourism. with its unique cost advantage and quality manpower.
The healthcare market is expected to reach USD 150 billion by 2017. Having identified the need for vertical-specific, specially trained healthcare managers, School of management has launched the MBA in Hospital and healthcare management.
Highlights of the programme
- Course shall cover the complete health-care eco-system
- Strong national and international expertise reflected through the faculty
- Experiential learning with internships in leading hospitals
- Course shall include learning from some of the best case studies around the world
- Basic Biological Sciences
- Hospital & Patient Relation Management
- Medical Insurance
- Strategic Management for Hospitals
- Hospital Architecture Planning Design & Maintenance
- Clinical Services
- Hospital Support Services
- Epidemiology and Public Health Systems
- Purchasing management and inventory control
- Hospital Information Systems
- Healthcare Law and Ethics
- Medical Tour Operations Management
- Tourism, Geography & Culture
- Allopathic Therapy in Medical Tourism
- Alternative Therapy in Medical Tourism
- Quality Management & Hospital Accreditation Systems
- Management of super speciality systems.
- Housekeeping management and dietary system
- Medical Records Management
- Ambulance and Transport Management
- Hospital Front Office Management
*Indicative list subject to changes
An MBA in hospital and healthcare management is ideal for graduates with a background in life sciences. Primary opportunities are in hospitals. For graduates with IT background, there are also opportunities as healthcare domain specialist in IT companies. Other allied industries which need trained healthcare managers are insurance, pharmaceuticals, consulting, Healthcare NGOs, Wellness industries, Medical equipment industries etc.
About the School
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the "University Status" by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the a ... Read More