Latin American business school globally recognized
The COPPEAD Graduate School of Business of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro is a business school internationally known for its excellence in teaching and researching.
The school graduated more than 10.0000 managers, 1300 Masters and 60 Doctoral candidates in business specialization courses. Our Full-Time MBA program, public and free, is the only one in Latin American already ranked among the world's top 100, according to The Financial Times.
At COPPEAD, research and knowledge are the central axes of all activities. In daily interactions with students, companies and other market players, the knowledge we produce directs the nature of our delivery in the classroom and interaction with society. This is the basis of our mission and vision, and what we believe to be our contribution to society.
To transform people, through the promotion of values and generation and diffusion of knowledge, integrating management theory and practice, for better organizations and society.
To be an important Brazilian hub to transform executives, entrepreneurs and researchers.
- Excellence: This is our essence, what guides our growth, research, faculty recruitment, designing new programs, amongst other actions.
- Integrity: COPPEAD’s values include seeding ethical and socially responsible behavior in the management profession. We understand that integrity is the best way by which the School can fulfill its mission, and better serve Brazil.
- Service to Brazil: COPPEAD was the third school in Brazil and the first in Rio de Janeiro to offer a Doctoral Programme; the first in Brazil to offer an international standard Full-Time MBA, and it was the pioneer in Executive Education in Business and Management in Brazil. We need to develop people and organizations to develop our country.
- 10 times in the rankings of the top 100 full-time MBA programs worldwide published by the Financial Times.
- Executive MBA listed twice in the Financial Times EMBA Ranking as one of the 100 best in the world.
- Member of EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development), an international membership organization with more than 850 member organizations from academia and business.
- Member of AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), an international association with more than 1,500 members in 90 countries, including the best business schools worldwide.
- Certified since 2007 by ANPAD, The Brazilian Academy of Management, demonstrating that teaching practices are based on quality standards.
- Evaluated as level 6 (out of 7) in CAPES (Coordination of Improvement of Higher Education Personnel, linked to the Ministry of Education)
- 10 Research Chairs
- Partnership with 42 business schools all around the globe
Accreditations, Certifications, and Associations
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro was founded in 1920 and is the first and largest federal university in Brazil. One of the greatest centers of excellence in teaching and research in the country and in Latin America, the mission of the university is to provide Brazilian society with the means to dominate, expand, cultivate, apply and disseminate the universal patrimony of human knowledge, to act as a transforming force.
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
21941-918 Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil